Ce lundi 18 mars les élèves du Primaire (Orange & Green) et de LMS ont p...Read all
Upon registration, parents must decide whether their children will study French or English as a First Language (usually French for French speakers and English for English speakers or students who speak neither French nor English). This choice is made with guidance from the school when necessary.
English and French syllabi are adapted to meet the needs of a bilingual international school, ensuring that core subjects are covered to the required standards in both languages.
The Second Language (French or English) is taught until the age of 8 years as a language of communication through visual, audio-visual and oral methods. Learning to write in a Second Language will occur afterwards. All students take courses in both languages, according to the BIS principle of immersion.
For those choosing French as the First Language of work :
The Primary section is accredited by the Ministry of Education (“sous contrat d’association”). The subjects studied are integrated in an interdisciplinary approach. The program includes the requirements in French and Mathematics and ensures proper integration in a French college thereafter. Other subjects - Science, Computer Science, Social Sciences (History, Geography, Civics), and English - are adapted to serve as a bilingual and international program. An introduction to Spanish is provided in the form of games and songs, once a week.
A balanced program of Art, Music, Drama, and Sport contributes to the development of creativity and expression. It is taught by specialists and qualified teachers.
In Mathematics, we introduce the Singapore method into our pedagogy.
Discussions on various topics improve listening, concentration, communication and coordination skills.
The international qualified teaching staff, and small classes (maximum 15 students per class) allow us to:
- Keep learning child-focused.
- Vary teaching approaches and working practices.
- Create a stimulating environment, promoting early learning, keeping motivation alive, and encouraging enquiring minds. Emphasis is placed on communication, free expression and the use of appropriate materials.
- Promote active participation and positive attitudes in a fun learning environment.
- Base our interdisciplinary programme on group discussion and exploration of ideas and personal values.
- Encourage inter-curricular cooperation and active learning through whole-school projects and subject themes.
- Ensure that basic concepts are soundly established and then consolidated.
- Encourage pupils to evolve at their own pace through differentiated tasks and targets.
School Council is conducted once a week. It develops a sense of responsibility and initiative. Here, all pupils from Primary are actively involved in the organization of daily life in the school. The objective of the Council is to set and maintain standards of behaviour among the pupils and to instil a sense of respect and pride.
It is set up and run by the pupils, with positions of responsibility, such as President, Secretary, Translator and Mediator. This is a very effective way to become familiar with the tools of social interaction and encourage respect for the views of others. It is also a space of freedom where everyone can express their desires and opinions, as well as give an oral presentation of their choice.
In addition, the pupils are involved in the “Municipal Children’s Council” of Bordeaux Town Hall (mandate renewed every two years with "CM1" and "CM2"), working closely with the city’s Mayor.