Today's bilingual book fair (currently in full swing!) is bringing together ...Read all
What is bilingualism ?
According to the definition of the Council of Europe : bilingualism or multilingualism is the ability to draw upon a repertoire of skills and knowledge in different languages to deal with various situations of communication.
Some links to French web sites :
- www.bilinguisme-conseil.com/le-bilinguisme/ : site created by Barbara Addelilah-Bauer, linguist and social psychologist, consultant and trainer, specialist in bilingualism.
- crdp.ac-bordeaux.fr : article by Nicole Denni-Krichel, President of the "Fédération Nationale des Orthophonistes" (National Federation of Speech Therapists).
- www.lscp.net : bilingual site of the "Laboratoire de Sciences Cognitives et Psycholinguistiques (LSCP)" ( Laboratory of Cognitive Sciences and Psycholinguistics) and its “Babylab” which studies the mechanisms of learning from birth until 5 years of age.
- sante.lefigaro.fr : "bilingual children are more reactive".
- sante.lefigaro.fr/actualite article on “bilingualism is stimulating for childrens' brains”.