A big thank you to Clement the fireman who trained our International Award p...Read all
Numerous cultural activities and discoveries are proposed throughout the year developing creativity, responsibility and talents which complement school learning.
- Projects such as International Week, Internet week, book fair, poetry competitions, the publication of short story books are frequently organized. These draw on external visitors, allow a team teaching approach, encourage initiative and the use of the new communication technologies.
- Music, Art and Drama : weekly sessions led by qualified teachers working together as a team.
- Trilingual shows in December and June, arising out of artistic activities run during the term, variations of the annual school theme.
- Sport : BIS pupils have weekly access to a municipal gymnasium for the practice of “multi sports”, and an Olympic swimming pool very close to the school. They also benefit from coordination exercises and team games on our own premises. Bordeaux has many sports clubs to which our pupils can belong outside school hours.
- School Clubs : (e.g. Robotics, Chinese, Chess...)
- Middle School students benefit from a programme of monthly outings ("Awaydays") to discover Bordeaux and its region (see Blog).
- Excursions and School trips : a range of field trips related to geography, to culture in Bordeaux and its region; visits to museums, excursions in the city... Pupils are invited to attend theatrical performances in Bordeaux. A School discovery trip is proposed for each section alternating from a town or region in France, an English speaking country or a Hispanic one.
- In Early Learning, a one-day outing is organized at the end of the school year.
- Activities favoured by the PTA.